Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Ain't Scared of our Jails

Its amazing to see so many people stand up for what they believe in, and it wasn't just the blacks there was whites fighting for the blacks among this too. For me the Freedom Rides is what struck me the hardest, I think its because I don't ever remember learning about them in high school or elementary school. The whole purpose of them was to let blacks ride on public transportation wherever they wanted and when they wanted and how they wanted. I liked this part the most because that's when i saw whites helping the blacks and came to this realization that not all whites were against the blacks.

1 comment:

  1. I think it's sad that we don't learn more about such things in middle or high school. I know I personally had to take a African Studies class in High school to get any knowledge of what went on. I think this needs changed!

    ReplyDelete