Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Exploration 6

I get my information about the war from the Columbus Dispatch every Sunday morning, along with my poppy's none-stop rants about the war over family-dinner-nights. The Columbus Dispatch, however, is probably more reliable than my father. Recently I read about Afghanistan declaring that they would support Pakistan if they went to war against the U.S. From what I gathered from the article, it was not intended as a threat against the U.S., but an attempt to improve Afghanistan and Pakistan's relationship. I don't see how that wouldn't be considered a bit of a threat, promising to ally against us, but the Afghanistan leader had also promised to ally with Pakistan against any country. It probably was a piece of propaganda to keep Pakistan from going again Afghanistan, but either way, I find it to be a little disturbing.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/national_world/2011/10/24/afghanistan-would-support-pakistan-in-war-karzai-says.html

No comments:

Post a Comment